Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OneEleven

2 Pulsar bikes,4 of us
me,ralphy,dholli,prashanth
ralphy,the pillion rider:),
Payed 6rs(too much),each bike
as a toll to race on NICE Road,
I started riding at 40kmph,so poor,maintained for approx 200mtrs
to escape from guards.
The moment after that,
in few seconds ripped to 85kmph,
decided to cross 100kmph at any cost,
flat road no humpies, no bumpies,
wind on us,sun about to set,
visible like a sodium headlight,
exactly opposite to us,
few vehicles on road,
pulse of my heart beating,
freedom to vrooom to no limit of speed,
started ripping again,
touched 100,then 104...
I could ve lifted my hands,but not at the cost to rip again,
went on and on,
pitstop arrived.let the bike rest for a while,
took an U-Turn,
i wondered what ralphy was thinking about me,
we both had same thing in mind,to cross 110kmph,
and take a snap of it as a proof :),
This time we decided to race,amongst each other,
me,ralphy and dholli,prashanth
1...2...3...
We went unnoticed of other bike,i just ripped right from the self start
reached approx 90kmph,
suddenly i see 2 lorries at thier own 30kmph speed in parallel,
there was no way at the left or right of the lorries,
decided to rip in between them,
omg !!! whatta a ride was that, crossed them in a second,
i was at 111kmph,
it was difficult for ralphy to take snaps,
when air is blowing on us at that speed,
i took my celphone,
captured the snap of the speedometer,
snaps were not clear at all,
balancing between riding and taking snaps,
one useless maruthi white car and other vehicle i could see at distance,
disturbed my presence of my mind,
as they were overtaking themselves.
i had to reduce speed to avoid accident,
i hoped i could have reached 120kmph this time.
by the time i could think that,the toll gate was approaching,
reduced speed further, at 40 kmph.
Finally,not the least,
I was really excited about reaching 111kmph and,
crossing 2 parallel moving lorries in a second.
after few minutes,dholli and prashanth arrived,
Prashanth was like, asked me why did u block us from overtaking the lorries,
was thinking myself,you guys were just behind my bike,i didnt knew.
when looking at snaps in my cel only the snap of 104kmph was clearly visible,
almost 5 photos were shaky images.
We all spoke about the riding experience and headed off to dhaba.
Meanwhile i was thinking,
how could i forget that our lives was in my hands.
By god's grace it was a healthy race.

2 comments:

ralphrockz said...

It was a gr8 experience that day...
Espacially when we squeezed b/w the lorries...
Missed a heart beat or two that time...

Thanks Raghu we reached safely...:)

Ralph.

Prrash said...

Yo Ram ! That was a thrilling exp.
We can plan something similar soon. Its been long too :)

Post a Comment